~*~

~*~

Friday, January 19, 2018

I'll Put Up With a Lot

I'm willing to put up with lame stuff in a story as long as there are some awesome redeeming qualities.
I was talking with my friend a while ago, about Tangled and Frozen.
Tangled has far fewer flaws. And the villain setup is a lot better.

Really the only thing that really bugs me in Tangled is that weird old guy in a diaper...

I have several problems with Frozen (spoilers if you haven't seen it. But who hasn't? XD ). I really wish that Hans wasn't the villain. I know Disney doesn't really do subtle. But it would have been great if Hans was not trying to marry Ana because he had evil intentions. He could have wanted to marry her for her title. Maybe he liked her without really loving her.
Anyway, that's my opinion.
Also, the trolls made no sense to me.
But I still like Frozen better. Because of Elsa. And because of Let it Go.
The awesome parts are bright enough that I'm willing overlook annoying things.


So, I mentioned the villain in Tangled.
She was awesome. We knew from the beginning that she was the bad guy. They didn't try to keep it a secret.
Since Tangled, almost all the big Disney movies have tried to throw surprise bad guys at you.
Except now I'm so used to it that it's not even a surprise anymore. Well, that's not always true. But I do suspect it a lot more.

Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero Six, Zootopia, and Coco all had surprise villains. A couple of them I didn't expect, but most of them I spotted before they were officially revealed. Moana also had a twist regarding the final villain, but as I've said, they did that one amazingly. So I won't complain about that.

But really, Disney. You don't have to have a surprise villain in all of your movies.
A villain can be awesome, even if they aren't a surprise.

No comments: