~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Top Three

On January 11 2017: This day in history!

I'm trying to make this sound as overly dramatic as possible.

Anyway, that's when I realized that Hector is in my top 3 favorite characters.
I don't know yet where exactly he ranks in the top 3. Heck, he may even be #1 (since I haven't been thrilled with most of the new Steven Universe episodes, or Garnet's role in them).
It may be a while before I can pick the order for my top 3 characters. It took a month just to decide that Hector would be one of them.
It's a decision I take very seriously. XD

But this also means that Hector is my favorite Disney character (He's also the only one from a movie, as opposed to a series).
I don't think I've ever had a favorite Disney character. Elsa has always been my favorite Disney princess/queen. Before Coco, Dory was my favorite Pixar character. Baymax is the best robot. There are others I love too.
But no other Disney character has been in my top two/three.


Heh. My top three characters look nothing alike.
First we have Kenshin - a small Japanese guy with red anime hair.


Then there's Garnet - a tall red alien who's thousands of years old.


These two have a couple things in common. They both make me laugh a lot.
And they are both supah-strong. They kick major butt in a fight.
They have a tough side, and a kind side.

Now, the newcomer, Hector. He's a Mexican guy who is kinda dead...


Though you get to see a bit of him alive.

He doesn't photograph very well... but he's good looking.
I'm not sure if he's in his 20's, or if he's in his 120's.

Hector also makes me laugh. I laugh almost the entire time he's on screen (at least for the first half of the movie. For the second half, I want to cry from most of his scenes). But unlike Kenshin or Garnet, he is not physically tough.
His attempts to fight never end with him doing any damage. He's more likely to fall apart that to actually win a fight. Though skeletons do get weaker when they're being forgotten. According to the art book, that's why his bones are always coming apart, and why they're so rattly.
But he is "strong, in a different way" (sung by Sardonyx). He's amazingly resilient to last so long alone without breaking completely.

Both Kenshin and Garnet are not necessarily the most sociable, unless you've gotten to know them really well. But Hector seems like he'd be fun to hang out with.

Pretty much the only physical trait these three share is that they all have fluffy hair.
Huh.
I do like fluffy hair, but I think in this case it's a coincidence (though Hector doesn't look nearly as good when he takes his hair off XD ).

So, anyway, Coco has definitely taken over as my favorite Pixar movie. Sorry, Finding Nemo. I still love you.
There's a chance Coco may be my favorite all-time movie. But I won't know for sure until I can think about it rationally. Which hasn't happened yet. If it happens at all.
I get excited about movies and stuff all the time.
But never this much.


If you google "Coco," a plot summary shows up. It includes this phrase:

"Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history."

I started laughing at the phrase "charming trickster," because when you first meet Hector, he isn't charming at all.
He tries to sneak through security in a dress. When that fails, he tries to break through anyway. After he's arrested, he tries to bribe the officer and literally climbs on the guys desk.
And he does weird stuff like this


When you get to know him better, you can call him charming. But it sure doesn't show when Hector and Miguel first meet. Miguel doesn't think so either XD

Aah, another review refers to Hector as a "melancholy goofball."

Okay, Gael Garcia Bernal, the voice actor for Hector, refers to Hector as "a very funky guy."
These are pretty hilarious. I kind of want to look up other phrases people use to describe him.

Someone responded to one of my comments on a piece of artwork saying that Hector was adorable. To which I replied, "An adorable weirdo."
So I guess "adorable weirdo" is my phrase for him.

No comments: