~*~

~*~

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Feel the Emotion

I've been listening to lots of books on tape on my way to work.
As much as I would love to take public transit, that's pretty much impossible.

It would take me at least four times longer to get there, which is not an option. Is there any group that's trying to improve our public transit? Because seriously, ours is so godawful. I want to join them.

Anyway, I'm getting distracted.
I listen to lots of books on tape during my commute. And it wasn't until today that I really started to think how different my involvement is in a story if I'm listening to it instead of reading it. I'd thought about it before, but never deeply.
When I'm reading, I get absorbed fully in the story. I get sucked into all of the action and emotion, especially during grand finales.
That is much less with books on tape, although good books on tape can get me very focused. Even if I were sitting alone in my room listening with rapt attention, I think it would still be a little less exciting for me.
And it is especially so in the car since some of me is always focused on the road. Plus I have to stop the story whenever I stop driving, whether or not I'm at an exciting part.

That being said, I'm not going to stop listening to books on tape XD
I've got a list 13 pages long of books I need to read, and I need to make some progress on it before I die.
I don't think I've read a really good new fantasy book in a long time. Crud. I should hunt one down, or I'll start to feel deprived.

No comments: