~*~

~*~

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Detective Pikachu

I wasn't planning on seeing Detective Pikachu in theaters. But when Dad said he wanted to go, I was surprised enough that I went with him.
I'm glad I did. It was a fun movie (Though the evil plot of the bad guy really doesn't make any sense to me).

I have to admit, when the movie started and we saw all these scenes of Pokemon flying and strolling through the real world, it did a number on my emotions.
In elementary school, I would have been over the moon about a live-action Pokémon movie. But someone at the time said that it would look awful. I think even after all these years, that comment still was a cloud over my judgment.

The Pokémon were beautiful.

And they had one of my favorites! Mewtwo.

But oh my god, seriously. Please leave Mewtwo alone. He's already been abused in two other movies (I assume the Genesect movie was about a different Mewtwo, somehow?). Stop torturing poor Mewtwo. Give him a happy place.

No comments: