~*~

~*~

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The Last Toy Store in the City

I order stuff online sometimes. But I try to buy things from real stores when I can. Especially stores that aren't chain stores. More and more, I only order online if I can't find something anywhere else.
So many wonderful stores are being destroyed by online shopping. People already exist too much on the internet. It feeds off of itself. As people buy more online, real stores go out of business. So there are fewer places for people to shop IRL. So they shop online instead.
Some people even go into a store to talk to the experts. And then they leave and order what the expert recommended online instead of supporting the store that just gave them a lot of advice.

Why do I bring this up?

Our old toy store is closing. It might even be closed now.
My dad has been going there since they opened when he was a kid. And so have the families of everyone who's lived around here.
Everyone is heartbroken. It was a wonderful store. It had a bike shop, a model shop, and a bunch of crafts.
And now it's gone.

I don't even know where the closest toy store is anymore. Target and Walgreens don't count. Those aren't toy stores. There just big block buildings that happen to have a few toys.
All of the coolest shops and places are closing down.
It's heartbreaking. (And so are the fires in Australia! It feels worse since I get to see koalas and other Australian animals every week. How many species will be destroyed from these fires? From climate change? And all those people. I've been evacuated from fire too, though I had somewhere to return to. It's all too much).

Well, here's a cute snake.

San Francisco garter snake

No comments: