~*~

~*~

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Disney Animals

I've been slowly watching through all of the Disney animated movies, or at least almost all of them.
By slowly, I mean it's taking a few years. Because as I watch each movie, I pick out at least one, usually several, sketches to do of different animals. It's a fun way to practice different poses and different animals.
I'm going through my collection alphabetically, so I don't lose track of what movies I've already done (as I said, it's taking a long time).
I just hit 'The Little Mermaid."

Whenever I see an animal I'd like to draw, I'll go through the scene frame by frame to find the most interesting shot. And in doing so I've really gotten to appreciate how amazing the hand-drawn animal animation is.
Like the way Bagheera moves through the trees. Especially after watching the lions, tigers, and snow leoaprds at work.


And then most recently, Max. Prince Eric's sheepdog. I slowed down the frames of Max running, and watching his shaggy fur fly up and down with every pace is hilarious.

No comments: