~*~

~*~

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Fictional BFFs

I used to think it was really weird that people would have crushes on fictional characters. After all, fictional characters don't actually exist. 

It took a while before I realized that it's actually very common. I'm just weird because I'm not particularly romantic. 

 I'm also a hypocrite. Because while I don't have crushes on fictional characters, I totally want to be best friends with some of them XD  

 For example:

BFFs: Hector and Miguel (Coco - Thougb Hector is a major pain to all of his friends, until he's reunited with his family)
 

BFF: Nightcrawler (X-Men)

BFF: Connie (Steven Universe - she has more in common with me than any other fictional character I know)


BFFs: The Doctor and Donna (Doctor Who - this version of the Doctor in particular)

BFF: Yellow (Pokemon Adventures)

BFF: Kurama (Yuyu Hakusho)


Hiro Nakamura, from the Heroes TV show. I only watched the first two seasons, because it got way too convoluted. But I loved Hiro. If I were to watch anymore, it would be just to see him.


BFF

...Okay, maybe not at this point in his life.

(Also, he never gets much of a chance to like any humans beyond a handful of them)


It occurs to me that most of these guys aren't normal humans. One guy is... dead. One is blue with a tail. One is an alien with two hearts. One is a fox spirit. 

Which makes sense for me, I guess. 

 

 Then you have characters like Kipo, who would make friends with anyone (As Scarlemagne puts it, "that girl would find a reason to befriend a broom" ). So I'm not sure if it counts to put her on this list.


Also, it's important to note that many of my favorite characters are not on this list. For example, Garnet from Steven Universe is my favorite female character. But she's also not a people person. There are only two humans she interacts with on any sort of regular basis, and that's just because those humans are important to Steven (Greg and Connie). So as much as I love her character, I doubt she'd be interested in hanging out with me. (Scarlemagne actually fits this too. I just wanted to tease that I'd be a BFF with a crazy mind-controlling monkey).

And then there are characters like Tamaki, from Ouran High School Host Club. I love his character. But if he ever went "host mode" around me, I would freak the hell out. 

So yeah. All of the above characters are characters I think I would get along with. I like all of them, but there are also characters I love that are not here.

No comments: