~*~

~*~

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Tear-Jerkers

There are a few movies that make me cry. But after i've watched them so many times, they no longer get that effect from me. 

When I saw the musical version of Les Miserables in the theater, I heard more crying than I'd ever heard before. It made me cry for the first several views. 

Then I stopped, I guess because I'd become desensitized to the scene. 

The same thing happened with Coco. I used to cry during the two "Remember Me" scenes. But I guess I've just seen it too many times. 


 


At least that's what I thought. 

I watched Les Mis several times when it came out, largely so I could hear the music. But then I didn't watch it for a while. When I watched it a few days ago, the ending made me cry again. So I guess when I've gotten enough space from a movie, it gets me again? Or maybe the pandemic has just made me more emotional. 



I'm about to rewatch Coco too. I haven't seen that in a while either, so I'll see if it gets me this time around.

 

So, those are the emotional scenes. But sometimes I start crying randomly during animal movies, not because of what's happening on screen but because of what it makes me think of. For example, Bambi, or a movie called Two Brothers (about tigers). I start thinking of how awful humans are to animals. Like the hunters in Bambi, or about how tigers are disappearing because people think their bones and stuff are magic.


The latest thing that has me crying is from the first category - it's just super emotional. I've already mentioned it: The ending of "Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts." I've seen it a couple times. I cried even harder the second time. 

I wonder if I'll stop crying if I see it too much. TT^TT

No comments: