~*~

~*~

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Characters Live Forever

 Sometimes when a character dies, they never feel like they're dead (at least to me). This has happened a few times, mostly when a character dies at the very end. I think that's the case because they're present through the whole story, and them being dead is such a tiny fraction of the screentime. And I don't want them to be dead, so maybe my brain conveniently forgets it.

I find this ironic considering my favorite character is kinda dead through the whole movie. 

But anyway, this phenomenon has also proved true in one of my latest stories. One of my favorite characters dies. I knew that would happen long before I actually started writing. And yet I never think of him as being dead. 

And I actively try to forget that one character dies at the end of Kipo. I think I've fully convinced myself that he comes through okay. Mostly because I used Fern to interfere.

Red ruffed lemur

No comments: