~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Circling Straight Back to the Beginning

Normally when I finish an edit of a story, I switch to a different story for a while. That way when I return to the first story, I can see it with fresher eyes.

But this time I'm tried something else. I finished a big edit a few ago. I would spend half an hour on a few paragraphs, or one very tricky paragraph. Then I immediately started from the beginning. I had spent so much time on the details that the next time I could read it pretty quickly! I just needed to do some minor smoothing. It would take about half an hour per chapter, instead of per paragraph. 

Mostly I wanted to do this so I could read my story while it was all still fresh in my mind. It let me test the continuity.

But I actually enjoyed just reading the story, for a change!

I just finished a few days ago. Cool!


Kudu. Dad is at the top. And the bottom is mom nursing two of the calves. Only one of those is her baby. The other is mooching. She kept trying to push em away, and eventually she gave up. She seemed so annoyed though XD


No comments: