~*~

~*~

Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Best Voices

When I was writing about Shadow Weaver,  it got me thinking about voices that I've really liked in movies. Actually. I don't notice that too often. I don't really care what people look like, so I guess I don't really care what they sound like either. 

Though I do love some accents! 

Anyway, for my own fun, I thought I'd try to figure outwhich characters have voices that I love. I'm not talking about their acting ability, or their singing ability. This is mostly just going on the sound of their voice. I'm probably missing some, but here are a bunch of the main ones! 

(Some of these actors have done more than one great voice, so I'll try to pick one or two I'm most attached to)


Like I said, Shadow Weaver, From She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. 


Lio Oak, from Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts


Elphaba, from the original version of Wicked (I would literally listen through a song that I didn't care about, just so I could hear her sing a few lines at the end.) And of course Queen Elsa in Frozen!


 

Mufasa, from The Lion King


 

The original Black Beauty


 

Baron Humbert von Gikkingen, from the English version of The Cat Returns, and Whisper of the Heart (And also Westley from The Princess Bride, of course)


Fujimoto from the Japanese version of Ponyo (though the English version may also make it on my list)


Pearl, from Steven Universe


Also Blue Diamond, from Steven Universe (she's also in Song of the Sea)


Hazel, from the original Watershiop Down (though this guy has done a lot of great voices)


 

Chief Powhatan, from Pocahontas


Zuko, from Avatar the Last Airbender

 

Edward Elric, from the two Japanese Fullmetal Alchemist series

No comments: