~*~

~*~

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

An Actor's Take on Character Development

I recently started watching the audio commentary on a few of my movies. I love seeing how things are made, and commentary stories can be pretty funny. 

I just watched the commentary on an old Disney movie with my Dad (one he loves) called The Apple Dumpling Gang. It's like a cowboy movie/comedy. Dusty is the leading lady, and her actress was giving part of the commentary.

(Dusty's in the middle, holding the little girl)

Now, I haven't watched too many audio commentaries, but they're usually about the movie making process, or stories about what happened. But Dusty was explaining all the character motivations and background for her character. It was cool hearing about character development  from the actor that played her! I don't usually hear it from that perspective.

No comments: