~*~

~*~

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Tangled Mess

Heheh. Arith's story is quite the mess. It started out good! Then things stalled, for several reasons. I didn't help by switching back and forth between writing projects, so I'd totally forget what I was doing. 

But also one chunk of the story is just like something read this summer. I'm afraid to let Arith's story get accidentally influenced by it. 

And I really need to research a bunch of stuff. I've done almost no research yet, so I keep hesitating and skipping forward. That means a lot of the story is still undeveloped, which makes it hard to see how things would progress naturally.


The story randomly cuts scenes because I'll realize something doesn't work and abandon it mid-way through. Then I jump straight into a replacement scene.And some characters randomly switch names or genders.

I just need to get back into the groove of it. When I sit down for a good chunk of time, I can start to write my way out of it. I'm confusing myself too much trying to balance all these excuses. Rough drafts are meant to suck. I can fix all this later. For now, this rough draft will just help me figure out the basics of what happens.

Time to untangle!

No comments: