~*~

~*~

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Trusting the Facts

When I'm reading or watching something, I have trouble believing their information about history, biology, culture, etc, unless it links up with what I already know. Even this can be dangerous, because just because they get some facts right doesn't mean they get everything right. Plenty of books and films don't bother to be accurate, and some just make up stuff. It's not only novels. Even some documentaries make me suspicious. A lot of facts get updated over time, and things people used to believe are now known to be wrong. Plus are so many common misconceptions, even in otherwise good books. But documentaries usually seem more trustworthy (unless you have something like an oil company making a documentary about how great fossil fuels are).

 But every now and then I discover that a novel I read is really accurate! That's always nice to know. 

Speaking of facts, three banded armadillos have furry bellies!

No comments: