~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Good Characters, Poor Scenes

I mostly liked Rogue One, but both it and the Solo movie were kinda convoluted. Especially Solo. 

Spoilers ahead. 

One of my favorite Star Wars characters is in Rogue One.  Chirrut, the old monk. 


Actually, I like most of the characters in that movie.So it really rubs me the wrong way how some of them died. Particularly Chirrut. 

They have this random control panel sticking out of the middle of the beach. And Chirrut goes out there to push a button while they're under heavy fire. That button will complete a very complicated process of delivering a message (yeah, this is the most convoluted part of the movie - the writers were trying to make it as hard as possible to let the characters succeed). I guess they wanted to give Chirrut a noble death. But why would there be some random freaking control panel in the middle of nowhere?

 Even the way the Stormtroopers announced that he's blind, near his introduction, is clumsy and blunt. Couldn't they think of a more natural way to tell the audience? 

I get upset when cool characters are thrown into clumsy scenarios XD

No comments: