~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Making Transportation Even Harder

Traffic around here sucks. Cities seem to deal with this by scaring you away from driving. They make it more and more difficult to go by car. And Americans are addicted to cars - we need less of them by an exponential amount. Except no one's really done anything to improve public transit. As much as I'd love to drive less (I hate driving), there's no other way I can get to work. And with unbelievably insane living expenses, there's no way I can move closer. A bus ride could take me 3 hours one way, for a ride that would be 30 minutes by car. The area's taking away transportation options without giving any alternatives. 

Now they've got a fun new idea.  Express lanes. They took away the carpool lanes, which actually do something to diminish the number of cars on the road. Then they replaced them with toll lanes. So there's one more expense on top of this insanely expensive area. Many people will never be able to afford the lane, when they used to take it for free and save gas while carpooling. And my eco friendly car has a carpool sticker, which I guess I can't use either anymore.

If they end up using that toll money to build more train tracks or something, I'd be all for it. But I'll eat my hat if that's where the money's going. And that still won't help the people that used to use the carpool lanes.

No comments: