~*~

~*~

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aboree

Next installment in the Magic Folk series. Aborees. I stole the word from "Aborigines." The natives of Australia. Not all Aborees live in Australia, but some of them do. They tend to live in deserts. They have earth magic. Rock, metal, geology stuff. Some are better at some things than others. Some Aborees are better at metal working, some are good with earthquakes or stone. So, there's a few sub-groups, I guess. And some Aborees are good at all three.

This is Terra. She has equal skill in all the different types of earth magic. Terra, obviously a word relating to the earth. See, THIS is how the name TERRA should be spelled, not TARA. TARA is pronounced TAH-RAH. Not TEAR-UH. Very clearly, Terra is pronounced this way, not TARA. Don't call me Terra. My name is Tara. Yeah, I named her Terra so people would get the idea that this is how Terra should be spelled. Huff huff. Okay. I'm clam. There's nothing wrong with Terra. I just get annoyed when people call me Terra all the time. This Terra is a lot calmer than I am. She's pretty calm. And she has a pet lioness! Her name is Sobeka. I think I mentioned something about Sobeka earlier. I want a pet lion.
Oh yeah. Aborees have tattoos. All Aborees have one tattoo when they're a kid, and when they become an adult, they get more. It's sort of a coming of age thing. And their tattoo ink is much cooler than ours. Terra's tattoo is a sun. It's on her cheek-a spiral with beams coming off of it, and one long beam coming down along her jaw. PS, my dad gots tattoos.

No comments: