~*~

~*~

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Animal Seven

Ah, at least a bit of explanation about the guys I put up. I think they're gonna be mostly siblings. I'm still trying to work out a lot of glitches about their story... but I'm pretty sure (maybe) that they'll end up in the story with the family that plays music. I don't know if I've mentioned them yet or not, actually.
Cat
Bird
Bat
Rabbit
Dog
Squirrel
Otter
If I end up going with the vague random normal plot I have in mind, Lavender will be the main character.
They all have different colored arm bands (but Ginko wears his on his finger cause it can't fit on his arm.)
And Piñon-needs some explanation. He's the youngest. They made the first six of mammals. And then they tried to make Piñon out of a bird, but they weren't ready to try blending a human with a non-mammal, so he didn't turn out too well. He ended up with one wing and one arm. So he can't fly, and he only has one arm. Poor guy. Ah, and here's the fun in his name. Piñon is a type of tree (cause all of them are named after plants). But pinion is also part of a bird's wing, and "pinioning" means to take off some of a birds feathers so it can't fly. And since Piñon cant fly... I though it was a good dual-meaning.
And Cyprus, well, let's see. Neither he nor Birch turned out too well. But I volunteer at the wildlife department at the humane society. And it is currently squirrel season. This year, I saw two squirrels (or maybe the same one twice, but unlikely) unlike any squirrels I've ever seen before. I mean, there are black squirrels, and then there were these two. They were completely pitch black-no other colors. They had really long silky tails, and tufted silky ears. They were the most beautiful squirrels I've ever seen. So, I tried to make Cyprus like that. He's supposed to be really handsome, but my drawing sucks. Sorry Cyprus!
Heheh. I was gonna have four boys and three girls, but I lost track as I was drawing them (I drew one each during my humanities class for a seven classes running just to bug Nick and Tracey). So, I accidentally made five boys. So at the last minute just as I'd finished drawing Willow, I realized that I was supposed to have another girl . So I changed Willow to a girl.

No comments: