~*~

~*~

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rowing Over Flowers


Ah, I finished. Took me all weekend to color it. And I drew it during class. When I was on the train reading my homework on thursday, a line in the reading made this pop into my head. It is an old piece of literature from Japan, I think. It might have been China. We had two readings that day... But the guy was going on a pilgrimage and he said something about a cherry tree and "rowing over flowers." So I though it could either mean that there are petals in the water, or that there's a REFLECTION of a cherry tree above them. So that's what I went with . Dad says it's one of the best things I've ever drawn. I dunno. It makes me feel kinda peaceful though. I want to go there...

1 comment:

Bethany Wiggins said...

Your rowing over petals is beautiful! Inspiring.