~*~

~*~

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Real Life events from "Of Spirits"

So, first of all there's a few events in "Of Spirits and Demons" that are based off actual events.
The first one is the lizard incident. I was at a camp and there was a group of boys there and most of them were terrors. Really. One of many events was the lizard event. It was several years ago, so I'll say what I can remember. The boys got a hold of a lizard. We were about to leave somewhere so they obviously couldn't bring the lizard. So they put it under the wheel of the car we were about to leave in. If the car had backed up, it would have smashed the lizard. I went to reach down to get the lizard, and one of the boys hit my hand and makes me hit the lizard.
I get the lizard out of there, though he might have been injured, I'm not sure. I hope he was OK. Anyway, there was one instance in that camp where one of the boys in my story throws something at me. There's a lot more to this half of this story, but sufficient to say that this was the last straw. I hauled off and smack him as hard as I can on the shoulder. He sure wasn't expecting that. He and the others fled. I'm not one to be messed with. Trust me. And get this. I told one of the counselors that I smacked him, and she said "good job." That's how bad those boys were. The counselor praised me for smacking him.
Yeah. I think that's the only time I've ever gone and hit someone. That's pretty much the only time that people have made me that mad. (By the way, not all of the boys were bad. One of them was quite nice. I'm just not mentioning any names here. I doubt any of them will end up reading this anyway.)
I do think that if we met again, we wouldn't be hateful of each other. Probably neutral. That was a long time ago. They were around 10 years old, maybe 11 and 12, or something.
OK. Event number to. When Master Minlton blames Briena for not showing up for the meeting. True event. That was my least favorite teacher. I mean, he's not as bad as they come. I've had a lot of great teachers. Compared to them, this teacher was my least favorite. And what do you know. That was my least favorite class too. Not a good combo-bad teacher, bad class. So, I wanted to talk to the teacher about something, so he told me to meet him after school. I wait for fifteen minutes in front of his classroom and he never appears. I go home in a huff. The next morning I happen to run into him in the hall before school starts.
"Where were you?" he says. "I was waiting in the printing room."
Why the $@%&$@^@$%* was he in the printing room when we were supposed to meet in the classroom, and how the hell was I supposed to know that he'd be there when he never told me? And the way he spoke, he blamed ME for not knowing where to find HIM. So, that was the event that made me pretty much... yeah. And before that, Nicole was murderous to him for something he did to her too. The funny thing was that I was telling her to chill out about it. And then I started behaving the same way that she was.
This is one of those instances where I really hope the subjects of my post never end up reading my post.
Yeah.
I think I was going to write something about the magic tea that Briena uses... but I don't remember what it was. The tea was my way of simplifying spells so they don't need to use herbs as much. But I established the use of herbs in Brenor's legend, and I wanted to keep them around while Briena was learning magic. So I started thinking about making magic tea... Tea absorbs the flavor of herbs. So maybe hot water can absorb the magic essence of herbs too. Yeah. I'm sure you get the picture.
Rosemary bread. We got a loaf of that once. It was really good. I ended up eating almost the whole loaf. We should get that again.
Oh, the part where Briena, Kimi, Teri and Romka are chasing Darien? That's actually based off of a dream I had a long time ago. I started writing a story based off of that dream back in middle school. It was never finished and ended up being a piece of garbage, as old stuff tends to be. The original dream was that a famous guy runs away because someone was after him and he didn't want to cause danger for the people around him. So he ran away. And in the dream, people were following him to try to bring him back. They didn't want him in danger and they hadn't wanted him to leave. They traveled through a dry lake-bed that was full of these strange, contorted pillars and limps of sand and rock. And they traveled across the top of a sand dune during a sand storm.
Yep.
The spider. Spiders always seem to be evil . Except Charlottes Web. But big spiders, like in Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and Harry Potter and stuff, they're always monsters. See, for Halloween a few years ago, I got this great big black spider plushie for a decoration. That's what my spider is based off of. And because I felt bad for the giant spiders, I made this giant spider a good guy. FYI, Crystal loves that giant spider plush. She came over for halloween. She says she wants to make boots for it. I should make her post about it. She writes stories too, though her style tends to be a bit darker than mine. SHe has a good writing style though.
Again, I was gonna write something about the bad guy, But I don't know what. Some of my notes for what to write about on the blog are a bit non-specific. Well, Ellen's writing a story from his POV. She said she wanted to write a story from a good guy's POV and then from the bad guy's POV, but she was too lazy to do the story from the good guy's POV, so I told her she could use Kyrus. Did I write about this already? Probably. I tend to repeat things on occasion.
Did I mention that I tend to repeat myself?
Oh, the Soul Water. I came up with that idea a really long time ago. I had a plot that went with it. Actually, I had 2 ideas for a plot that went with it. Both of them fell through. So poor Briena ended up having to face it. Sorry, Bree. If it hadn't been you, it might have been Fern, or the guy character that was going to be in one of my old stories that I had planned. From what little I remember of that old plan, it was a bit like James Bond. Hmm.
Here we go again. I was gonna write something about the final battle between Darien and Kyrus. But what? I don't know why I wrote some of these notes down! I probably had some vague notes, and knowing me, they're probably the vague things that I ended up writing in the end.
So, the final battle. It's kind of tricky coming up with spells for two warring mages to shoot at each other-without getting repetitive at least. Harry Potter had to do that too. But those battles can end up being so cool! Heheh.
OK! Aren't you excited? This is my last note for the tidbits for "Of Spirits and Demons!" That means I can finally get rid of this note paper that's been sitting on my desk for weeks!
OK. The story ends with graduation. And Briena gets pretty major applause. There have been a couple instances when I've got major applause from an audience. Once when I had a big solo in a high school band piece. And the other two times were when our band performed the pieces of music that I prepared. Getting applause that's just for you... it's kind of embarrassing in a way... "embarrassing" isn't the right word, but you get it. It's kind of exciting in a way too. Heheh.
And Briena makes peace with Shotah and Haray. I think that's important.

No comments: