~*~

~*~

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ben

I finally did a good picture of Ben!!!! The last one I did was lame, and Ben deserved much better.
Took me quite a whole. I extend my gratitude to Colonel Roy Mustang, who proved a model of a guy standing from behind (in one of the manga.)
Then I took the original drawing of the back of Ben's jacket (Located here) and pasted it onto his back to cover up the poor sketch I'd drawn on. Then after a failed attempt to fill in all the line around the pattern with the leather color, I figured out how to do it by deleting the white space on the original design and then layering it. I'm still not great with all the details of photoshop, but I'm learning at least.
The next challenge was the hair, which I tried to make look semi-real. The jeans were hard too cause I'd never textured clothes before, and I didn't know how to shade them without covering the texture (and then I discovered about opacity ^-^ )
Ah, Ben, why must you be so awesome? You must exist in real life so that I can steal your awesome leather jacket.

No comments: