~*~

~*~

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

faNime

So, this post is coming to you a few days late because of complex family matters. We've been going to my grandparents house for the past couple days to help out with stuff because Grandma wasn't feeling well (and Grandpa has Alzheimer). They live about an hour away, but it's really beautiful in the mountains where they live. It's definitely worth the drive. Anyways she's feeling better, but some of the rest of our family is taking turns driving up there just to help out a bit.
Soooo, the main point of the blog, Fanime! We went on Saturday. It was fun. Nicole spent the night, and we were up late being crazy (as quietly as possible since my parents were asleep). Unfortunately her brother was sick, so he couldn't go, but I think he went on Sunday, so that's good at least.
So, Nicole and I stood in line to get our passes and took pictures of people and chatted with our "neighbors."
I was dressed in my Yellow costume. I made a fishing pole and carried a Pikachu around. It was the first year that people actually stopped me to take pictures somewhat regularly. Because I actually did a decent job of my costume. Yellow isn't REALLY well known, but a lot of people were excited to see someone Cosplay her. Whenever people take pictures of me, I feel like my smile is always weird... I dunno. You know, I've never actually put a picture of myself on the blog. I wonder if I should put a picture of my costume up.
Ellen made an awesome costume of Toph. Nicole didn't dress up. Lazy Nicole!
So, we met up with Ellen and co, and waited for Dealers Hall to open up. And we got there and I saw a cute little figure of Shippo, so I went to get my money out and it was gone. I guess I accidentally knocked it out of my pack or something. I had about $100 too. Never did find it even though I checked the lost and found several times. But you know, it's just money. I wasn't gonna let it ruin the one day a year I come here. And I did have a great time (though I did get annoyed as we were running in circles trying to find a lunch place that didn't have an hour wait, and then again when we Nick and I were waiting outside in the rain for everyone, and they never came outside!).
I recognize more characters this time! Let's see. Who's new? Bleach, InuYasha, Ouran, Tsubasa, XXX Holic, Yuyu Hakusho, Kenshin (I started Naruto and One Piece). That pretty much covers most of the popular ones. (I still like FMA more than such popular ones as Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto because it has a moving plot and it has a lot more thought involved instead of just fight the bad guys, like Bleach does. There are good parts of Bleach though).
Oh, and with the release of the Pokemon Black and White games, there was a lot of fanart of N. He was all over the place. I like N. He's a cool character. There's a lot of really good artwork of him on Deviantart too. I was finding some pictures to send Nicole and I ran into an N fanclub sort of thing and I thought I'd look through it. And it had no end. And a lot of the artwork was really good too (sheer numbers of good quality work are the reason I have so many Pokemon favorites on Deviantart).
I was gonna get one print, but it was sold out when I went back for it. Here it is anyway so you can enjoy it. I bought this Okami print too. And this is one I got last year, but I don't think I ever posted it.
As always, there's lots of awesome costumes and artwork.
Luckily Ellen and Nicole are really awesome, and they let me borrow money to buy stuff. I held back a little (which probably isn't a bad thing), but I got most of the stuff I really wanted. Almost everything I got was less than $5. Bookmarks, pins, small prints, ex. There's always tons of artwork ther eI want, but I'd never be able to buy it all.
I called Kelly on Monday to have her pick up a print of Al for me though cause I forgot to pick it up before dinner. Can't wait to get it from her!
Nick actually came down, which was impressive since he really doesn't know any anime at all. One of his friends came too (she had a cute Togepi-pattern shirt on).
Dinner was really fun. There were 12 of us around a 8-person table, so we kept bumping elbows and knocking tea over and stuff. It was a Chinese place, that had one of those big lazy susan's in the middle. We got a bunch of dishes to share, and cleared all of them.
The whole steamed fish and the whole shrimp were dishes we'd gotten in Chine but I'd been too scared to try them. We also got them two years ago at my first fanime, where I DID try them, and found them to be quite good. We got them again this time. Ellen talked Nick into eating some of the shrimp heads, and I went to try too, and when I bit it the shrimp kind of exploded on me which was... unexpected.

No comments: