~*~

~*~

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Editing Katani Finally

So, waiting around for Dad to get off the phone so we can go run errands (he owes me money, so I'm gonna make him buy me a book).
Nearly finished applying for both the summer programs. I sent the first one off on Friday. I just have to edit a couple pages for the second one. And then I think I need to write a statement too.
I feel like I've been writing it kinda slowly. But it feels good to have finally started editing Katani. Just about done revising the first chapter.
Actually, I think for a couple days last week I was fighting a sort of block, because it took several days before I finally got myself to start editing Katani. ALthough that was probably because I was in a very bad mood for a while. Glad to have gotten over that (both the block and the bad mood).
It's crazy. There's so much to balance. I want the hook to be catching. And I want to include enough detail to give the reader a strong footing. But I don't want to overload them with detail all at once. I also want to make sure that my POV shifts are done well. And I'm still curious about prologues. Apparently they're not always the best tool, but I think prologues that are done well are good.
It's good though. I'm finally getting re-energized about Katani's story. The only story things I've gotten to work on all semester are my short stories for my class, and my fanfic. Which I have been neglecting again. Crud. My characters are all annoyed at being neglected for so long. I still love you guys! I promise!
And I had to send my stupid computer in again this morning.
And now I have everything else backed up. So the only things left need to recover are my internet bookmarks and my photos (photos = more important than bookmarks). Everything was supposed to be fixed when he returned it a few days ago. But my computer is old and the updates weren't designed for the older models. Stupid computer companies. Theoretically everything should be fixed this time. So cross your fingers.

No comments: