~*~

~*~

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Skydiving Mythbusters and the Fact of the Day

Gasp. I've been posting so much recently!
Mainly because of all these posts I've been putting off.
This one's from last week.
A couple days after we went skydiving, we saw an episode of Mythbusters about skydiving. I really should have written this right after I saw it, because I forget some of the stuff I was going to write. But since Ellen asked for a lot of detail about skydiving, (plus it could relate to my stories of flying people and dragons and stuff) I'll write some of it down.
You fall at about 120 miles per hour. The wind is so loud, that you would not be able to hear someone shouting in your face. Which is why they told me not to try to say anything as we were in free fall.
But if you put your arms to your sides and your legs together to streamline yourself, you can double your falling speed.
So, you know, if you ever fall out of a plane and don't have a parachute, chase after someone who does have one.

So, this sort of goes along with something I've been planning for a long time. I don't even know how long. It's just kinda been running around for a while, so I will finally go ahead and to it!
I call it "the fact of the day." Though if you want to be more accurate, you can call it "the fact of whatever day that I happen to remember." Some might be very short, some might be longer.
So, our very first fact of the day!
Did you know that if you don't get enough sunlight, it can actually make you more depressed? I've heard that you should get about 20 minutes of sun a day, and you should not have sunscreen on during that time, because sunscreen blocks all that good stuff you get from the sun. If you have scary pale skin (like Nicole, or me-at least on my legs) you might want to get that sunlight in smaller doses instead of all at once.

No comments: