~*~

~*~

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Become the Winter

Just after noon, I finished my last paper.
So I am finally FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
It feels so strange though. Knowing I don't have to go back to school. Until I walk for graduation at the end of next semester, at least.
I wish I would know sooner than March whether or not I'll get into the grad program. Part of me really wants to get in, and part of me almost doesn't want to...

Bleh. I want to see Rise of the Guardians again. Like How to Train your Dragon and Howl's Moving Castle, I can't wait until they come out on DVD! It's an uncommon phenomena. Which is good, because for a while after seeing a movie like that, it will eat my brain.
But I'll have to wait. Because there's several other movies that are out that I haven't seen yet. Like The Hobbit. Can't wait to see that one.
And I saw Life of Pi with my parents yesterday. I gotta read that book.
There are more interesting movies out this month than there have been all the rest of the year... Why all at once?!?!?!

I want to get an Easter Bunny figure or plushie or something. But there really isn't any merchandise for the movie. Which I'm kind of happy about, because they're not getting obsessed with marketing and money. Legend of Korra did this too. And also, a lot of toys and things for these sorts of movies can be very bad quality (like that hideous official Toothless plushie). Though then again, I am rather spoiled by those nice anime character figures. So while part of me is glad that they don't get hung up on marketing and stuff,another part wants stuffed animals or figures of Pabu, Naga, and the Easter Bunny! (And then I figure out that There's McDonalds toys for ROTG. I take it all back. McDonalds is about the worse kind of toy. Cruddy quality toys that advertise really unhealthy food for kids, not to mention horrible animal treatment).
Also, I'm glad that I designed my God of Ice before I saw this movie. Because the two of them did end up being rather similar in a couple ways. This way I can say that I did not copy Jack Frost.
Anyway, I've been tiding myself over by looking through part of the surprisingly massive collection of Rise of the Guardians fanart on DA, and watching random things on youtube, like this scene.



And then I got an idea of something to write. And since I am finally free from the bonds of homework, I decided to write something for myself. (I can start writing Katani and my fanfic again! And doing the blog posts that have been piling up)
So, I might as well post it here. If you haven't seen the movie yet, you can read it now if you want. (any spoilers will be vague, but they are there, just to warm you) But definitely read it after you see the movie.
Hopefully this will help get some of the movie craze out of my system.


First I hear the cracking. I can feel through my bare feet the hair-thin lines spreading across the ice. And then everything beneath me vanishes.
I fall, plunging into the icy blue depths, and watch, helpless as the jagged frame of pale light slowly slips further away.
I reach out towards the watery light, even as my fingers lose all feeling.
The cold presses in, seeping past my skin, spreading through my bones and into my heart.
But even as I sink, feeling my blood become ice, I close my eyes in relief, because she is safe.
Everything else fades away.
Except the cold.
It is the cold more than anything else that is suffocating. Pressing in, closing out all else. Taking away the light.
And it doesn’t go away.
It seeps in, past my heart, beyond my blood, into my very soul.
And now my soul is slipping away, melting into the frozen water.
Memory becomes liquid and flows away.
Then I feel it.
The touch of cool, silvery light. A touch I know well, but never noticed.
The touch of the moon.
But when I open my eyes, there is only darkness.
And I am afraid.
I barely notice the cold. It is around me, and it is in me.
And I am the cold.
But the darkness I cannot handle.
I want to cry out.
Then I am moving up, and I feel myself pressing against a surface, solid and smooth. And it gives way for me, shattering like fragile glass and falling away as I move upward.
The moon is there. And I can almost feel it reaching out for me. The light from the moon lifts me from the darkness and the ice.
I gasp for breath as the water slips away from me. And the air is cold.
It feels nice.
The rays of moonlight wrap around me, and my fear melts away.
When I feel my feet touch the slippery surface of the ice, a voice whispers out to me.
The voice of the moon.
Jack Frost.

No comments: