~*~

~*~

Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Stories

On Sunday, Mom had me go through a bunch of papers from elementary school so that I could get rid of anything I didn't want.
When I reached 1st grade, I found some very interesting stuff.
Stories! Some of the very first things I ever wrote!
Man, it was so funny to read them.
The ones from first grade were really hard to read, unsurprisingly. Later grades (up to 5th, though there were fewer each year - they had us do less fun stuff than writing stories and making pictures) were a bit better.
Most of them were very short. Just a few lines. The longest ones were no more than several lines.
A lot of them went something like "I'm a dolphin. My name is Tara." And I laughed very hard when I wrote something about me being the Easter Bunny.
And then a lot of them stated at the end that they were based on a true story (although it was usually spelled "Bast on a true story). A couple of them may have been, but some of them definitely were not. Like the one where I said I had two ghost friends, and one of them lived in a hole under my bed (There is no hole under my bed, nor has there ever been). Or the one where a giant dragon lives in the sky, and his mood will affect the weather.
Looks like I've been interested in writing about dragons for a long, long time.
Some day I gotta scan (and translate) these.
I'm glad I still have them.

No comments: