~*~

~*~

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Trade

So, Ellen, Crystal and I spent much of yesterday evening figuring out trades between all of us.
Though I'm leaving a few days after Christmas, so I might not be able to work on them for a while.
It kinda feels like they'll be hard to do, since they're not really my original ideas. Especially Crystal's, which is based off a very thought-out world, and I don't know that world or the characters like she does. I've only read a handful of scenes based off of that world and these characters, so it's not like something where I've read an entire book or seen a whole series. And the scene sounded complicated before I even knew I'd be writing it.
I haven't finished reading all of the notes for my trade with Ellen, but it does look quite a bit easier, since it could be set in this world and the characters are much more flexible.
I didn't really know what to ask them to write, so I just asked them to write something with the characters from my Katani story. Either re-write an existing scene, or make up a new one. I don't know what Crystal's going to be doing, but Ellen's going to do a scene with Katani, Youka, Len, and Garrett at their little beach. I mention that the scene happens but I don't actually write the scene, so that should be interesting. I need to get more character info to Crystal, since my first draft of the story has very bad character development for Katani's team. I don't really have any physical notes on them either. It's all in my head. Which is great for me. Not so much for them. Youka, Len, and Garrett have at least been mostly fixed, so Ellen should have enough to work with. I gotta re-write the scene where Katani "meets" Melly, Tri, Dominic, and Saris. Which reminds me, are there any other characters you want to know about? Either of you? And let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: