~*~

~*~

Friday, May 10, 2013

Meeting+Talking

So, I've been working on the chapter where Katani gets to meet his teammates (or at least 3 of them - Tri, Melly, and Dominic). I've already rewritten it a couple times, and will probably rewrite it again before long. It still doesn't feel great to me. Sigh. It's a tricky part to do. I don't want Katani to immediately become pals with them, but I want him to start to realize that they're not too different from his own friends.
I don't think Melly picks on Tri enough during this scene. But if I try to make it happen more, it seems a bit too ridiculous.
And while Dominic's supposed to not talk much (at first) he's sort of totally absent from the scene. --_-- So I gotta include him better.
Sigh. I'm sure I'll get it right eventually.
Coming up, I'm also going to do a scene with Katani and Tri, where they start to become buddies. In my first draft, my interactions between guys kinda sucked. Considering I'm a girl and therefore take place in either girl-girl interactions, or girl-guy interactions. So I'm gonna have to do a lot better on those too. But how do you "research" guys hanging out without looking like some weird stalker?

Fact of the Day: Lipizzaner are a breed of horse once used in battle, but now often used in dressage. They have been trained to do amazing maneuvers (look them up on Youtube).
Almost all Lipizaners are white. But they're born a dark brown color and don't turn white for a few years.

No comments: