~*~

~*~

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Epic Farewell to Candlestick Park

So, I'm finally writing about the Paul McCartney concert in greater detail.
I kept forgetting to come back to it. XD But now I get to remember it all over again~
So, the traffic was bad and it took a long time to get there. And Dad and I were seated in the very farthest back and highest row. But the wall gave us a wind buffer. Heheh. And we had a good view of the rest of the stadium. I took videos of a lot of the concert.
The concert started late. They had electric banners playing around the stage, and music too. Every time a song faded, people cheered, hoping that Paul was about to come out. But Paul finally entered with a few other people for his band. They started out with Eight Days a Week.



I recognized a lot of the songs, but there were some he wrote after the Beatles that I didn't know as much. Ones I knew were Paperback Writer, I love Her, Blackbird, ex. For Paperback Writer, he used the guitar that he used during the original album.
After a while, Dad and I went out to get nachos. And beyond the parking lot was a solid line of cars, stuck on the road and trying to park. Apparently most of them never even made it in (because a bunch of people camped out in the parking lot, to listen to the show outside even though they didn't have tickets. So there wasn't enough parking room for everyone who had actually paid for tickets). I'm so glad we got there really early.
(There was a lot of smoking - and I don't mean tobacco, and drinking too probably. But everyone inside the stadium was really happy).



Dad and I moved a little closer for a while, until someone came and took the seats we were "borrowing."
Lady Madonna, All Together Now, Lovely Rita Meter Maid, All the Lonely People, Benefit of Mr. Kite.
He got out a Ukulele and played Something.
Everyone started singing Ob La Di-Ob La Da. Dad did too. He enjoyed himself a lot. So did I, of course.
Before playing Back in the USSR, he talked about how they were the first rock band that was allowed to perform in Russia. And how they got to meet some of the Russin government.
For Let It Be, everyone got out their phones and waved them overhead.
Live and Let Die was awesome. They shot fireworks and fireballs out of the stage. Everyone went wild. That was probably my favorite part of the concert.
The stage was so smoky after. Heheh.



And of course everyone sang along with Hey Jude. There were a lot of happy people repeating the "Na na na nanananaaaa Hey Juuude~"
That was theoretically the end of the concert.
Then came the enccores. For the first one, they sang Day Tripper.
Then they left again. And came back for a second encore. And they played Yesterday. Paul tried to leave again, but they didn't let him. He said that we all had to go home eventually. And they did their final songs and departded for the night.

Amazingly Dad and I managed to escape the worst of the exiting traffic. We were both so pumped though. It was awesome.

No comments: