~*~

~*~

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Atlantis

When Atlantis was in theaters, I saw it several times. More than I've ever seen a movie in theaters, I think.
I still have all of the toys I bought. And I probably still have all of the magazines and papers about the world, language, and characters.

When I watched it again last week. I had an epiphany about part of what makes it so great.
I always knew the characters were fantastic, or I wouldn't have gotten all those magazines with character bios and everything.
But for some reason, something clicked in me this time.
Atlantis is not a long movie. And it has a lot of characters.

Usually that gets confusing, with most of the characters being rather dull and undeveloped.
But that's not the case in Atlantis. The characters are all fun and fascinating.

Because every moment they are on screen makes them shine. Everything they say, every time they react reveals more about them.
I feel rather dramatic saying this, but it's freaking masterful character development.

And it's given me lots of ideas~

No comments: