~*~

~*~

Friday, October 14, 2016

Freaking Spellcheck

I spent most of two nights trying to fix this cursed thing.
My document of Katani's story has been a bit messed up. For a long time.
Word informed me ages ago that there were too many spelling errors, and it would no longer mark them for me.
Which is inevitable, considering how many weird names and places there are in that story. It overloaded Word.
But Word's tolerance must be pretty freaking low...

Anyway, I figured I'd end up catching most of the typos, even without the red lines.
Wishful thinking.

I finally did something about it. I started copying the whole thing over to a new document, and adding in all of the strange names, like Katani and Youka and Shanka.
Seems simple, right?
I wish.
If I pasted more than two (or 2 1/2 if I was lucky) pages at a time, word would panic and tell me that there were too many errors.
I had to restart two or three times, because it got stuck on the "ABORT! TOO MANY ERRORS."


But finally, after pasting 2 pages or less and fixing most of the mis-spellings, I now have a document that shows me my freaking typos.

Since then I've been smart enough to ad in the weird names as I go, so Word doesn't panic as much.
I really suck and finding them when they're not marked, it turns out...

No comments: