~*~

~*~

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Anime/manga update

I haven't done a manga/anime update in a while.
I don't have a lot of new things to add, since a lot of what I'm going through are anime that I've read the manga to, and vise versa. And I've been going through them much slower than usual too.

Noragami: I'm quite enjoying this one so far. It's about a girl who gets caught up in the world of spirits and gods. There's a new volume at the library, so I just grabbed that yesterday. Reading real copies is so much easier @_@
The anime is good as well.


Haikyu: I've seen the anime, though there may be a new season that I haven't gotten to yet. But I've been checking out the manga from the library. I'm enjoying the manga too. Yep, it still gives me a craving to play volleyball. Sigh.


My Hero Academia: I saw the anime, and I'm now reading the manga. I'm mostly caught up, at least with the volumes they have at the library.
This is a super hero manga, about a school for training kids to be heroes. Lots of interesting characters in this one, and the writer is very creative about super powers.


Lucky Star: A high school comedy one. It's got cute art, and it's fun to watch.
I finished the anime, though I'm having trouble finding the rest of the manga. I'll have to do another search for it.


School Rumble: Another high school comedy. I liked the first part, though as it goes further I'm less interested. I may read a bit more, just in case (assuming I can get ahold of the next books @_@ )
I think there's an anime too, which I might watch a bit of eventually.

Chouka Kou: This series takes place in China, long ago. And it's very good. The main character is a girl from a noble family. Her family was overthrown, so she's kinda on the run. But she's also brilliant, and she ends up doing a lot of amazing strategic work for the different allies that she makes.
I can see how much it draws from classics like The Three Kingdoms.


Trigun: I read the first series of the manga, and the manga was actually really confusing. I like Vash (man, he's so similar to Kenshin though. I wonder if this came after Rurouni Kenshin). I'm in the middle of watching season 1 of the anime, and I do like the anime better since it's easier to understand.
Though like I said, I've been slow getting through anime/manga. I haven't actually watched any in a long time... I should try to finish at least this season soon.


Anne of Green Gables: I finally tracked it down! An old anime that Miyazaki worked on. I've always loved this one miniseries of Anne of Green Gables, so it's fascinating to watch an anime of it (and see some of the cultural details they threw in, for an audience from a different country).
I like it a lot, though it's another series I haven't made any progress on lately.


Tiger and Bunny: Okay, I already wrote about this, but I rewatched season 1. It's so fun~

No comments: