~*~

~*~

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Breath of the Wild Highlights

What I love in Breath of the Wild: (Potential spoilers)

Tossing bananas as bait in the Yiga clan, and watching them tiptoe up to snag them. This part of the game made me crave bananas so much...


The dragons. The first time I saw one was in the distance, soaring over Lake Hylia. I couldn't get a clear look at it, since it was so far away. And I was terrified to think that I might have to fight such a huge thing. Then I ran into it again at Lake Floria. It flew right past me, and didn't seem to notice. Not even when I made a tentative attack.
Now I love watching them fly past, as long as I take precautions against the sparks. The music is so pretty, and I feel really guilty if I have to shoot one to get a scale or something.



Riding horses. I love my horses, and I love hopping on random wild horses. My stamina is high enough that I can calm most wild ones without using any stamina-enhancers.

Gliding. I glide every chance I get.

Hiding on a ledge above monsters and raining bombs down on them.

Putting on a monster mask and walking among the monsters, who seem really confused about me. It's funny to watch, and this way I don't have to hurt them (yes, Undertale has made me feel guilty about killing videogame monsters)


What I hate about BOTW:
Freaking guardians and their creepy targeting. Especially since I didn't find the protective gear until the very last region I explored.
Lynels. They're such a pain to fight, and you have to fight a ton of them to upgrade your gear. Though I did finally get a groove about defeating them. And they are remarkable polite, as they don't necessarily attack if they spot you in the distance.
Blood Moons. So creepy @_@


Some other notes on BOTW:
Man, I know Prince Sidon would have fans on the net I was right. Heh.

Vah Ruta was my first divine beast. Man, those beasts are surreal and kinda creepy to be inside. And the music for Vah Ruta makes it even more so @_@
I did some really reckless stunts to get through those beasts. It was kinda cool.

I'm fascinated by Gerudo town, and all the culture there. This is the first we've really gotten deep into Gerudo culture in the Zelda games.

Cross-dressing. I bet lots of fans were wild about that. I snorted out loud when I discovered this.

And the characters talk! Whoa! And they did a good job on the voices.
But because of it, the fact that Link still never says anything feels like a joke... I wish they would have done something with him.

All the different outfits for Link are cool!

There is some impressive detail to this game, in so many ways. Even down to characters reacting to what clothes you wear. I saw on the internet that if you walk around in your underwear, characters will comment on that.


I have in no way finished all of the side stuff for Breath of the Wild, but I did just beat the final boss. It was a lot easier than I was expecting. I wasn't really well prepared, and I still didn't die at all.
The ending felt rather abrupt, and it seemed like a lot went unresolved.

But I'm super into the game play, and I'll probably slowly go through trying to complete all (or most) of the extra stuff. Who knows how long that will take.

No comments: