~*~

~*~

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Gaksital

I just watched my first Korean drama. A friend of the family recommended several, and it took me a very long time to realize that my library actually has some of them in stock. I checked out one called Bridal Mask, or Gaksital.
I really liked the first six episodes.
Man, there was some really intense emotion in some of those scenes. There was one scene with the two brothers in their room which was basically heart-breaking.

I'll keep things vague, but they might be a bit spoiler-y?

I guessed after the first episode who the person in the mask was, but that was probably the point.


It was after episode six where things changed a lot.
The character I really like died... TT^TT
And another guy I liked turned to the dark side.
It felt like they stretched it out too long, because they ran in the same circles for a while. I swear, that poor girl got arrested at least a dozen times. And those police seemed pretty incompetent pretty fast.
It's fun to watch Gaksital kick butt though.
Man, that last episode... I didn't expect it to start like that.

I might check it out again sometime and rewatch the the first few episodes, with the character I really liked.

I just discovered that this is based off of a comic series? But I can't find it anywhere, though I'd like to check it out.

No comments: