~*~

~*~

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Farewell Twilight

A while ago, I thought I'd edit a couple more chapters of my old Twilight Princess fanfic. It would be a break from more serious writing.


But as I started re-writing the next chapter, I realized that I'd lost interest in the project. Pulling actions and dialogue from a pre-made story feels so restrictive now. The chapter I just edited feels stiff.
If I were to make it more alive, I'd probably have to rework the entire thing. And I don't think that's something I'll ever want to do.
Especially considering I have a million other writing projects that are my original ideas.

Maybe this is why novelizations of movies are rarely awesome. There's not much creative freedom for the writer to spread their wings.

However, I may try to rewrite a few more chapters of my Pokemon fanfic. That may take place in the Pokemon world, but the story is mostly my own. I just grabbed bits and pieces from games and cartoons.


I did rewrite the first Pokemon chapter a few months ago, and it was surprisingly fun (mostly because the original was so lame XD ). I'll probably post that soon, once I go through it once more.

No comments: