~*~

~*~

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Multi-tasking

I often multi-task when it comes to entertainment stuff.
For example, when I watch a movie or show, I'm almost always drawing or sewing or something (yes I know there's no such thing as multi-tasking, but they do say that doodling helps you remember some stuff better).
It probably annoys some people who watch movies with me. But my family is pretty used to it. And my cousins are more likely to watch me draw than to watch the TV.

For books, it's more difficult. I'll check out books on tape, so I can listen to them as I drive or clean my room or something.
But when I'm actually reading a book, I can't really multi-task with it. The only exception is if I'm traveling. When I'm on a train or plane or if someone else is driving, I'm reading.
I almost always have a book with me. Someone in band asked be about it a couple weeks ago, since I always read if we have a break during rehearsal. And I had one teacher during college who always teased be because I read between classes and always had a book.


Today I discovered a new way to multi-task with reading.

My dad just bought a stationary bike a couple weeks ago. Which is weird because we used to have one and we got rid of it ages ago.
Ah well. It's a good bike.

I posted yesterday about physical activity helping you focus better. So I was thinking of what activity to do today. Since I'd had enough of the TV screen for the day, a different thought popped into my head.
I can read my book while I'm riding the bike!
Since I usually use my real bike, that had never really been an option.


But when I told Mom about my awesome idea she went "Oh yeah I've heard of people doing that."
Heh. So much for being original.
Well, it's still a cool new way to do multiple things at once.

No comments: