~*~

~*~

Monday, November 13, 2017

I Don't Want to Murder My Darlings @_@

Oh heck, I just realized something as I was writing Evva's story.
There's a character that I really love. But I just noticed that if he were gone, it wouldn't really affect the story.
Which puts me at a crossroads. I could just cut him out right now before I get any farther on the story. Or I could keep writing and hope that I'll find a way to make him essential (beyond some symbolic stuff about relationships). But then what if I end up having to delete him anyway? @_@
And though I love this character, he's kind of hard for me to write. Maybe that's why he seems kind of buried.

I've been writing Evva's story again. I really need a break from editing Katani, though I do need to go through it at least once more to address a couple final things (things that are important throughout the entire book, and will be complicated to fix).
I'd been away from Evva's story for so long that I'd lost track of what I'd done and where I was going. Not entirely, but enough that it was tricky to pick up the threads.


I'm still flailing a bit, but I'm getting steadier each time I write.

No comments: