~*~

~*~

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mailman

Every now and then I help my dad deliver neighborhood watch flyers around the block.
It gives me a surge of pity for the poor mailmen in the world.



There's only a single house on my block that has a mailbox out near the street. Which I understand, since people don't want to walk out to the sidewalk to get their mail. Though it means a lot of extra walking for the mailmen.
There are three or four houses in a row where the mailbox is at the top of a steep flight of steps.
And there are a couple houses where the mailbox is very well hidden. A couple houses don't even seem to have mailboxes at all.

Plus every time I deliver the fliers I feel super awkward. Whenever a stranger comes up to my door, I want them to go away since they're usually trying to sell something. I don't like being the stranger that comes to the door XD


Also, I freaking stabbed my hand this morning with a screwdriver. Which did a lot more damage than I would have expected, considering I wasn't trying to use it as a weapon. I just wanted to take the blade off a pencil sharpener in an attempt to fix it @_@
The dangers of fixing old stuff instead of getting new stuff.

It huuurts! And usually these kinds of things don't bother me. But the thought of grinding a screwdriver into my knuckle bone has me rather freaked out at the moment. I'll feel better when I wake up and it's not infected, I think. And hopefully tomorrow I'll actually be able to form a fist. Hopefully.

No comments: