~*~

~*~

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Shiny Week

Random fun update.
A couple weeks ago, I was playing Pokémon Sun, and a blue Pinsir appeared in my Poké Pelago.


I was excited. Shiny Pinsir! Awesome! I hadn't run into a shiny on Poké Pelago yet. Although I had been dreading it, because only half of those Pokémon decide to stay.
And this guy was gone the next day, despite my attempts to bribe him into staying.
I wasn't going to accept this. What kind of evil game shows you a shiny, makes you drool over it, and then lets it leave without ever giving you a chance to keep it? (I hear it's decided by random number generator whether they go or stay).
So I went to my Alpha Sapphire game and cracked out my Poké Radar. I've had luck with that before (to hunt down a shiny Girafarig, which I'd lost way back in the Gold and Silver games). While I took a break to watch a movie, I hunted Pinsir in the Safari Zone. And by the second day, I'd found my blue beetle.

I named him Buck, because I'd stopped at Starbucks earlier that day XD

Less than a week later, I was exploring a mirage spot on Omega Ruby. The Poké Radar reacted. I almost always follow those, since there's a higher chance of a shiny.
A shiny Petilil popped out of the grass.
I'd just set the game down to grab something. I heard that telltale flash and dashed back to the game. I'm glad I did, because her shiny colors aren't too different than her normal colors. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't heard it.
I evolved her, and now she's part of my Nuzlocke team XD


Her name is Rain. Not because it was raining, but because I was thinking of geraniums (ran-rain) which grow at my Grandma's house. I was at her house earlier that day.

The very next day (the day before Thanksgiving), I was playing Ultra Sun in the car.
And a shiny Igglybuff popped out of the grass. My first shiny in any of the Sun and Moon games.
She's a Jigglypuff now, and I'll evolve her into a Wigglytuff as soon as I've progressed enough to get a Moon Stone.


Her name is Moon, after the town we'd just passed through. It's a very appropriate name for the round gal.

No comments: