~*~

~*~

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Losing Names

I spent quite a bit of time finding names for all of the characters in Katani's story. I went through websites that had names from different countries, as well as their meanings. And when I found a name that worked for the character, I wrote it down on my character chart.

The problem is, I didn't always write down where the name was from, or what it meant.
So, once of my recent projects was to try to dig up the origins and meanings of the names I chose.
The problem is, some of the names in my story are also words that I make up (and claim that those made-up names are local to their world, not necessarily our world). Katani himself is an excellent example of a name I made up.

While I did manage to re-discover a lot of the names I'd chosen, I don't think I managed to get all of them.
Heh.
So, I guess the moral of this story is to keep records as you go, if it's something that could have meaning for your story.

No comments: