~*~

~*~

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Month One Complete!

Hey, I finished my first month of my new job~
Aaah, man I love this so much more than my last job XD . I do miss the scenery and the horses. But we were the neglected corner of the park, and got treated like garbage. The others there were used to it, so not much was done about it @_@ We couldn't even get a new broom to sweep the barn.

I'm still reading about our zoo animals every night. And I will be doing so for a very long time to come. But I've got a pretty firm base of knowledge about a lot of our animals now, so I can talk to people and tell them cool stuff.
I've always been a huge animal lover, and I keep getting surprised that some people don't know stuff that I've known for as long as I can remember.
Hey, some people know animals. Other people know cars (people have been amazed about my level of ignorance when it comes to cars. Like when I failed to correctly state the maker of my own car).

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I could be doing this job for a very long time. Up until now I've been in school. And then working for Mom, and doing the seasonal job last summer.
It's hard to know how to react to a long-term job.
But this is the kind of job I've always wanted (I do hope to be able to do more hands-on stuff with the animals but I'd better settle in more before I pursue that).
I want to stick around here for a very long time. But the thought of this long-term job sometimes gives me random thoughts like "what if I never get to spend Christmas morning with my family again? @_@ " (because we don't close for holidays - they will be very busy for us, and I probably won't get them off).

Anyway, so far I'm loving this job. I get to see awesome animals do awesome and adorable stuff. And I get to talk to a ton of really cool people~

I'll post photos sometimes. Here's the fishing cat playing with his ball~

No comments: