~*~

~*~

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Embarrassed to Admit

There a few movies that I like, even though I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I really do like them.
I think the main one is Van Helsing. I enjoy it a lot, but some parts of it just feel so lame. Like some scenes with the vampire ladies (also I just realized that there's a TV show called Van Helsing? I have no idea what that is. I'm referring to the Hugh Jackman movie).


There's another one that I only thought of recently since I only mildly like it. It's the old Hobbit cartoon. I don't like it as much as I like Van Helsing. And if I watch this cartoon when I'm in a cynical mood, I just laugh at it XP
Though honestly I'd rather watch the cartoon than those new movies. I was so freaking disappointed in those. Even though I was so excited for them TT^TT The cartoon at least doesn't waste as much of your time.

There are others that seem like I should be embarrassed about, but I'm not. Like the Watership Down movie has some very strange parts (hoooly crud, there's a new Watership Down series coming out??! I hope it's good!). But I love that movie and book. I'm not embarrassed about that. I love it!

Same with the Last Unicorn. It's always been one of my favorite movies. Even my Dad loves it! Mom too. Who says unicorns have to be for little girls?


Sometimes someone will say that a movie is stupid, without knowing it's a movie I like. For example, during my environmental studies program, I was talking to a teacher about the new Lorax movie. They said it looked stupid. I just rewatched it recently and thought, "you know what? It is stupid. But I like it anyway." I've been known to like stupid stuff.
I'm not really embarrassed about that (unless I was talking to that same teacher. I guess context does count in some circumstances XP ). I'll admit to liking stupid stuff.
Hey, if a movie can make you cry when they cut down a tree, they've done something right.


I guess some adults might be embarrassed to admit that they like cartoons or kids stuff like Pokémon. I'm not one of those people. Probably because most of my adult family loves cartoons and stuff too XP


Random zoo zebra photo!!

No comments: