~*~

~*~

Monday, September 30, 2019

Your Picture of a Character

I finally finished my picture of the cat spirit in Arrin's story. I'll post it soon.
I wonder how many writers actually draw out their characters. For strange creatures like the cat spirit, having an exact design has its drawbacks.
When someone reads a book, they get their own image of the characters. And if the book is ever made into a movie, the director will also come up with their own idea of what the character looks like. So I guess if the writer ever does draw their own characters, it will probably only ever be of benefit to the writer - not anyone else.



This one looke more like a comic strip. I hope it turns out big enough to see.
It's a guanaco (wild ancestors of the llamas) and a rhea (the South-American version of an ostrich).
During breeding season, the rhea will chase the guanacos around. And this guanaco will get up and spit in his face.

No comments: