~*~

~*~

Friday, November 8, 2019

Dark Phoenix

I think this is the first X-Men movie I didn't see in theaters.
But I did watch it on the plane to Florida.

It was underwhelming, but that's what I expected.
Professor Xavier was a disappointing leader. But the X-Men have always gone up against danger. This was the first time they complained about it.
The team had all the same dramas they've been having in the other new movies.

Nightcrawler was kinda useless for most of the movie. Then suddenly some random person died. I don't think he was any different than any of the other people who had already died. But Nightcrawler suddenly became a crazy knife-wielding assassin. It was really weird.
And I usually love Nightcrawler. TT^TT


And Mystique usually looks so awesome. But her makeup looks kinda cheap this time.
No Hugh Jackman cameo, which was disappointing, but not unexpected.
And we didn't really see any of Jean's loving side. In X-Men 3 you could see the good Jean trying to break free. But there was none of that in Dark Phoenix. You never saw any of the loving Jean.

And as usual, the timeline never lines up with other movies. In "Days of Future Past," Jean is alive as an audult. Ugh.
--_--

Yeah. The first two movies were so important to me. It's sad to be less and less interested in the new ones.

No comments: