~*~

~*~

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Anime and Manga Update

Yu Gi Oh Millennium World

 

I like the Egypt theme (although I don't think there's much accurate Egyptian history in here XD) I was checking out volumes from the library. And at one point I realized that I'd accidentally skipped a volume. I couldn't even tell except for one tiny thing that confused me. Heh. I guess the plot had gotten dragged out enough that I couldn't even tell when I missed an entire volume. Though Yu Gi Oh was entertaining.

 

Skip Beat

 

So, a family friend gets really excited whenever she finds anime or manga at the thrift store where she helps. She always asks me if I want them. I've told her several times "saying you have a manga is like saying you have a movie. It could mean anything." But she's always so excited about it that eventually I just told her to read the backs and see if it sounded good. So she bought me volumes 1 + 2 of one series, and 3+ 4 of a different series. I started reading both. I didn't think I'd like this one. It started out with a girl wanting to get revenge on her boyfriend. She joins show-biz to upstage him. But she starts getting interested in acting, and I've ended up getting into the series.

 

Hana-Kimi


 

Continued from the previous post: This was the series where she gave me volumes 3 and 4. So I had to check out the first couple from the library. I've been enjoying this one a lot too! It's refreshing that the main characters are all nice. A jerk shows up sometimes, but despite the main character's unusual situation, she has some really good friends around her.  


Claymore

This feels like one of those manga that went on a lot longer than originally planned. It has steadily been changing track. Now it feels like an excuse to draw a lot of naked women monsters.

 

Bitter Virgin

Man, this one was pretty heavy. But it was good.  It has a perspective that's important to share.

 

Midori no Hibi

I would have liked this one more if it wasn't so pervy @_@ 


Code

This one kind of  left me on edge. It was bordering on kidnapping. The only thing that saved it was that the main character ended up liking the guy.

 

Angel Densetsu

Oh man, this poor guy breaks my heart. He's so sweet, but everyone's terrified of him because of his looks. And it doesn't help that he often jumps to the wrong conclusion and digs himself into holes. 

No comments: