~*~

~*~

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Fanime

 I pre-purchased tickets for Fanime a couple years ago. Then covid hit, and Fanime was cancelled. They said we could use our tickets later.

Skip forward a couple years, and more stuff is starting to come back. I'm out of town visiting family when I get an email from Fanime. The convention starts in two days, and I have to use or lose my ticket. This is the first I even heard that Fanime was happening this year. They gave no option for saving my tickets until next year, or getting a refund. I emailed them, and got some form letter about me donating my ticket cost. When I replied again, they said someone would be in touch. No one ever was. I didn't trust those flakes to ever get it together. There was no way I could get my moneys worth out of Fanime, but I thought I'd try to get at least something. So I went to the last day. It was just a half day, and tickets for it cost less than what I paid. 

But I did have fun there. I forgot how much I love looking at the artwork. I didn't see many costumes, maybe because it was the last day of the convention. But I bought a couple big Ghibli prints. I don't usually buy large prints because of limited wall space. But it felt like a good time to mix things up.


 Grizzly bear

No comments: