~*~

~*~

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The Cat on the Big Screen

Every now and then, theaters rerun Ghibli movies. I've gone to see them when I can, because there's some I've never seen on a big screen. And each time, I notice something I'd never seen before. Especially since I'm already so familiar with them that new stuff catches my eye.

Watching them on the big screen immerses you far better than it does on a little screen (our TV isn't very big because of the spacing in the living room TT^TT ).  Granted, I often multi-task when the TV's on.  I'll draw or do some kind of craft, so I'm not usually fully present in the movie. I obviously don't do that in a theater. So I come out of the theater feeling lighter, or cheerful, or whatever the movie leaves you with. It's a fun feeling.

Today I saw The Cat Returns.  


 (I just learned that there's a portrait of Louis in his house! Just behind him. I have the matching statues of these two, one of which I got at the Ghibli Museum in Japan. Then when I saw a statue of Louis for sale online, I had to buy it to reunite the two. It was important!)

There were some people in the theater who had never seen it before. It was funny to hear how they reacted. Lots of laughter at hos ridiculous it is (ridiculous, but still fun). It's pretty different than the other Ghibli movies. But then again, Ghibli Movies are often quite different from each other.

No comments: