~*~

~*~

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sustainable art

I just read an article about sustainable (and biodegradable) pens and ink. Because plastic is not sustainable, and pens and their refills are usually plastic or some other unsustainable material. 

The solution? You can get handmade bamboo pens, and handmade walnut ink.  It's a dip pen, which I'd never used before. But it sounded cool. So I ordered them. I got two pens. One with a thick tip, and one with thin.

 I like it! I still need to practice some more though.

I think you have to take special care of the ink though - I probably should have ordered a smaller bottle in case it goes bad. Ah well. Live and learn. 

Anyway, if you have sustainable paper, you can make fully sustainable art! Or writing - you can use them like calligraphy pens too.

No comments: