~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 14, 2023

A Beautiful, Mysterious Book

A story that took place in a library, many years ago. They had a bookcase near the front door that was full of books you could take home for free. 

One book immediately caught my eye. It had a beautiful, bright embossed cover, and the text was in an unfamiliar and lovely alphabet (I think from the Middle East?). I admired the book, but put it back on the shelf. I couldn't read it, after all. It should go to someone who could appreciate what was inside. Not just someone who liked the cover. And yet after all this time, sometimes I think about that book. It would have been wasted on me, but it sure was pretty.

I wonder what was written in it. It's the kind of mystery that I want to use on a story someday.


Time for more animal photos! 

This time we've got some invertebrates. 

Hermit crab

Thinstripe hermit crab

Tropical wood cockroach

Madagascar hissing cockroach
Australian walking stick
False black widow spider

Chinese mantis

Sophora worm

No comments: