~*~

~*~

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Welcome to Paldea

So, I've been playing Pokémon Violet. I got the gatito as my starter.

It's an impressive open-world game. I finally beat the league. It took me forever, because I was exploring everywhere (open world stuff is cool, but it also kinda over-complicates everything). 

There are some cool new Pokémon. I love the snow leopard. You're not supposed to be able to catch the legendaries until you've unlocked all of Miraidon's powers. But somehow I managed to get Miraidon up on the last ledge by sheer stubbornness. And dumb luck. At that point, I had no idea which keys unlocked which legendaries. I just happened to get all of the right ones. So I unlocked this awesome snow leopard earlier than allowed. She was wandering around when I went into my menu. When I exited back out of the menu, I found her curled around me.

I liked that there wasn't anyone evil in this game. It was refreshing. The characters were all quirky and sweet. Nemona so much so that I almost expected her to turn on me at some point XD I liked the teachers. And I liked how the school addressed bullying without throwing any nasty Draco Malfoy characters in your face. Or having any of those Snape-like teachers (Snape may have secretly been a hero, for which I respect him, but he was a terrible teacher for children). 

I guess they're not making game guides anymore? Those always helped me find all the little hidden stuff.

And this is probably the glitchiest game I've played.  @_@

No comments: